Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Glass is Almost Half Empty

It's been awhile since my last blog but I guess a part of me doesn't want to think about what I'm going through on my recovery time. I like to clear my mind of everything that I am going through and pretend it doesn't exit. Unfortunately, writing a blog reminds me of what has previously transpired and what is to come. I understand it is a tool to keep others informed and I guess if it helps others understand what I am going through, that's what matters.

I have to be honest...the only thing that inspired me to write today's blog was my nephew Nathaniel. I saw the news segment on his journey and was completely moved by his determination. It literally brings tears to my eyes to see him on his journey and I know that if he can walk clear across the U.S., I can certainly get through the next 5 months. If you haven't had a chance to read his blogs, please do so at natewalks.com. He will inspire and amaze you.

Tomorrow will mark infusion #3 and in this case, having the glass half empty is a great thing. I already have a bit of anxiety regarding tomorrow. I'm sick of having poison injected into my body. As the sessions progress, I find myself losing more and more energy. It's getting harder to bounce back  and the emotional roller coaster that my hormones have been on is ridiculous.

In spite of it all, I will remain optimistic. The outpouring of support has been tremendous and has made my journey more tolerable. I hesitate in mentioning anyone by name because I don't want to leave anyone out but you all know who you are. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Until next time...Thank you God for giving me another day (one day at a time). I am truly blessed. :)



2 comments:

  1. Stay strong Aunt Therese. I think of you daily and am truly grateful for your constant support and words of motivation. Love You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Therese and Nathaniel, I think of you both constantly. You are both inspirations. Please keep the faith! Jeff and I love you both very much :)

      Delete