Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Week to Breathe

Finally, a week where I don't feel like the world is coming to an end. I was told that this time would come...I would start to feel great (well...better) and then BAM, they hit you again. I am cherishing every minute of a semi-calm tummy. I have discovered something though, during this past hell week...Mauricio's (San Dimas) Caldo de Polo with added rice is my Saving Grace and will be my go to meal from now on. It's my miracle soup.

This morning I took my usual shower and when I went to comb my hair it literally ALL starting falling out, so I cut it off. There is still a little on my head because I didn't have the heart to take it all but most of it is gone. I tied a scarf around my head, wiped the tears from my eyes, and added some earrings thinking people would focus on those and not the fact that I look like I'm channeling my Czechoslovakian Ancestors. I look like my Grandma but I adored her so that's okay because I feel as if she is with me.

I have been so blessed to have so many people pitch in and help me through this very difficult time. For this, I am forever grateful. I will continue to try to find the beauty in my days despite the harsh reality and by focusing on the love that I have received, it makes it that much easier. Please continue to pray for not only me but my family as well  and all others feeling the pain of Cancer.

Keeping the Faith and remembering that I am truly blessed. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment